Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Selling Stuff Online

I began making a list of items to sell online today. Books mainly - I have a lot of them. It's the academic books that people usually buy at high prices - I have fewer of these that I want to sell off than my fiction books which are much harder to move. Most people when raising money sell on eBay. I thought of that, but I've had bad experiences both selling and buying on eBay and am a bit eBay-shy. However, I am in the process of trying to conquer that fear in order to raise money. I began by listing ten books on amazon.com. Amazon has wonderful guidelines and standards and I have always had good experiences with it. So I will start there for now. I also have a lot of other unwanted junk that I believe people online are eager to buy.

At some point this summer I also plan on having a garage sale. Hopefully I will raise some money through that as well. But again, I don’t think I have the sort of stuff that sells at high prices – it’s the kid’s clothes and toys that sell for good money. I also listed a charcoal grill on Craigslist. I listed it at $15.00, all of which will be a profit since the grill was handed down to me by the previous renter of my apartment. No bites yet. I’m hoping and praying that people will soon want to take some stuff off my hands and lighten their wallets a little in my favor.

Update - 2 hrs later: That was fast! I sold one book already on Amazon - $31.39 after estimated shipping costs and Amazon commission. This is wonderful. I also listed 5 DVDs. I hope lots of people buy stuff from me. :-)

0 Comments:

Blogger Templates