Friday, May 9, 2008

Stimulus Check Deposited

A stimulus check of $600 has been deposited in my account. I love the government – it’s giving away free money. Now, my plan had been to apply all of this money towards my Chase Visa card debt. But since this is summer, and I don’t get paid very much, I will probably end up using the stimulus money to stimulate the economy – like the government wants me to. Incidentally, I saw on the news yesterday that economic analysts say that with the skyrocketing gas prices, $600 of additional expenditure by each person is hardly likely to give the economy the boost that it needs. Be that as it may, I am still glad about this money. Hopefully I’ll end up not having to use it anyway. I will spend as little as possible and if I still have any money left over at the end of September (the first month of full pay I will receive after the summer), then it’ll go directly towards paying off my high-interest Chase Visa balance.

I am away on vacation, and I managed to steer clear of the airport shops – no books or snacks bought. And before I left home, instead of buying a soda-pop on the way, I brought some iced-tea with me. I’m quite good at this when I put my mind to it!

0 Comments:

Blogger Templates