Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Credit Card

I am amazed! For a year now, I have been trying to transfer my high APR% Chase Visa (24.24%) balance to a lower balance card. However, the past few tries, I was rejected because I had high balances on my card and my Debt:Income ratio was very high. I felt quite frustrated about this... it seemed like it seemed impossible to get out of debt even when I tried. A few weeks ago, I read on another PF Blog (I forget which, and so cannot give them credit) that one could apply for a business card by just entering one's own name in place of the business name. Today, while browsing BankRate.com, I decided to try it - and got approved instantly! I have never been approved instantly online for any credit card I have ever applied for. They always say that they will contact me after reviewing the account, and so I was doubly amazed when I got such a quick answer. I don't know what amount I got approved for, although I asked for $4500 to be transferred. They said they would mail the card within 3 days, so I should know by the end of the week how much of my Chase-load has been eased. If they approve the whole amount, then I will save $1500 in the long run. Please God, I will get approved for the amount I asked for!

It's an Advanta Platinum Business Card with Rewards. Here are the stats on the card:

* 0% APR for 15 Months, 7.99% APR thereafter.
* Up to 5% Cash Back on office supplies, gas etc.
* No Annual Fee and No Limit on Earnings.


Please pray that they'll give me a credit line large enough to transfer my horrible Chase Visa balance over.

0 Comments:

Blogger Templates