Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A New Outlook

The cooking at home challenge failed on Day 1 - I ended up buying a sandwich for $3.75 at the cafeteria because I was lazy and slow and did not have time to pack lunch for today. This shall not happen tomorrow. I did cook a bunch of dishes yesterday, so I have homemade food ready for a few days. On Friday, I am dining with a friend at an all-you-can-eat buffet, but it won't cost much since we have coupons for $4.00 dinners each. And on Saturday, a friend is taking me out to a posh restaurant to eat - and I won't have to pay. On all other days, I lunch and dine on the concoctions of my own labor!

I have something quite exciting to share - I have been blogging only for a month now, and watching my spending only for a few months. Yesterday, as I walked down the grocery aisle (on an empty stomach too), I saw so many items that would have tempted me in my pre-frugal days, but which no longer held any attractions for me. I saw packets of potato crisps, donut holes and other yummy looking processed food and felt no yearning to purchase or consume any of them. I also saw other non-eatable erstwhile tempters, and kept thinking, "Who in their right minds would pay $... for THAT!?!?" Needless to say, I walked out with only what I had intended on getting. I hadn't expected to see such dramatic changes in my attitude so quickly. But, isn't it lovely?

0 Comments:

Blogger Templates