Monday, June 2, 2008

Cooking At Home Challenge

Payday rolled around, and I have less money than usual since my contract for May was only a half-month contract. So, I have decided to implement something that I have tried often but never succeeded in - cook and eat at home everyday! I have lots of stuff in my pantry and if I wisely plan meals and shop for the basics only, I will be able to pull through the summer without any trouble. Also, I had loaned my sister $350/- which she will return sometime this month. With that, and my May-June Challenge money, I should be able to pay off my Chase Visa debt and still have my head above water.

As a side note - I did not take the baby-sitting job that paid $2.5/hr. :-)

1 Comment:

Rachel said...

Good luck with your challenge. I am sure that you can do it. You should be able to soon learn how to cook some really quick nutritious meals. A great tip is to cook twice as much as you need and put one serving in the fridge to eat the day after - you will only have to cook for half the month then.

Blogger Templates