Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I've Confused Myself

I have been keeping elaborate records of everything that I am spending, saving, wasting, making and so on. I confused myself yesterday because of all this complicated record keeping and made a payment too large towards my Chase Visa, and somehow didn't count for a $60 automatic payment. I'll be fine with a little juggling of money, but it's all too much effort. So yesterday, I pared down my overly complicated record-keeping a bit. I still keep track of everything, but in a simpler manner. In terms of what I show on my blog, it doesn't make much difference except to the Monthly Challenge. I've decided to do make the time period of the challenge one regular month at a time as opposed to the 15th - 15th, I had originally planned. So I sent off the May challenge amount towards debt, and updated the Monthly Challenge Bar to reflect only my June snowflakes.

I will receive some money later this month that I can use to pay off the remaining of my Chase Visa balance. I think that after that I shall channel all Monthly Challenge money towards my freedom account until it reaches $1000. Talking about snowflakes, I listed a 24" Weber charcoal grill (that the previous tenant of my apartment had left behind) on Craigslist for $15. I have someone coming to look at it today. I hope he buys it... more money is always great. :-)

UPDATE: The man did not buy my grill. He was into competition barbeques (never knew such a thing existed), and did not think my grill would match his needs. Hopefully with the summer just starting, others will be interested.

0 Comments:

Blogger Templates